Buddhist prayer beads and mala beads are sacred beads traditionally used for chanting & counting mantras.
- Relax quietly in a comfortable space
- Set your intention or motivation
- Choose a mantra or affirmation
- Close your eyes and watch your breath. Breathe a little deeper than usual to settle the mind. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth
- Bring your attention to your mantra or affirmation
- Gently hang the mala over your hand and hold the first bead between thumb and finger, chant the first mantra. Pull the bead towards you with your thumb and move on to the next bead for the next mantra. Repeat, pulling the bead towards you to recite the next mantra